A unique and crunchy sea salt, Saltverk Lava Salt is hand harvested using an artisanal, sustainable and environmentally friendly method dating from the 18th century. The raw material is the pristine, clean seawater of the Westfjords.
- Black lava salt is harvested from the coasts of Hawaii and Cyprus. The salt is infused with activated charcoal from lava found in those regions, which gives the salt its deep obsidian hue.
- Black lava salt’s beauty isn’t just skin deep, either; the charcoal acts as a powerful detoxifier that cleanses the body of impurities, provides essential minerals and improves digestion.
- Black lava salt is known for having a strong smoky taste. This makes it the perfect complement to dishes where the taste of smoke is desired.
- Black lava salt also contains activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is often the first treatment administered for different kinds of poisoning due to its well-documented ability to remove toxins from the body.
- It helps to regulate the body’s hydration levels. The balance of sodium and water are intricately connected to each other.
- Activated charcoal can bind to constituents in food that cause gas thus preventing flatulence.
There are no reviews yet.