A high-fibre diet can also improve cardiovascular health, manage blood sugar levels, and regularise bowel movement. Rice flour is rich in calcium, and this rice flour nutrition makes it an excellent food choice to maintain bone and skeletal health. It can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce body weight and protect against heart disease.
- Rice flour is a fine flour procured from ground rice. It is being opted as an alternative to the more traditional wheat flour because of its gluten-free property.
- It is commonly used in Asian kitchens to make desserts, rice noodles, and soup, and since it is also used as a thickening agent in recipes, it doubles up as a healthy substitute for cornstarch.
- Rice flour enhances liver health, as it contains choline, which transports cholesterol and triglycerides from the liver to where they are required in the body.
- The best thing about rice flour is that it is easily available and is inexpensive. It has all the qualities of wheat flour that we are so used to. It binds well, tastes good and is so easy to use. In terms of nutritional content, rice flour is not very short of wheat flour. It is just slightly higher in calorie content.
- Rice flour is entirely gluten-free. Therefore, it is an excellent option for those who are gluten-intolerant or for those who suffer from Celiac disease. Celiac disease is a digestive problem that affects the immune system once contacted with gluten.
There are no reviews yet.