. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, potassium and calcium that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. Eating chia seeds is perhaps the easiest way to get omega-3 fatty acids. These are also an excellent source of soluble-fibers that bulks up stool, feeds friendly bacteria in the gut and helps slow digestion to make you feel satisfied. It also helps manage blood sugar.
· In addition to many important nutrients, sesame seeds contain two unique substances: sesamin and sesamolin. Both of these substances belong to a group of special beneficial fibers called lignans, and have been shown to have a cholesterol-lowering effect in humans, and to prevent high blood pressure and increase vitamin E supply in animals.
· Flaxseeds are incredibly high in both soluble and insoluble fibres. They are also rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which is associated with healthy heart. The lignans found in flaxseeds are incredibly helpful in reduction of prostrate, breast and uteral cancers.
· Nuts present in these bar- almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and play a huge role in lowering LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol.
· Oats contain several components that have been proposed to exert health benefits. The primary type of soluble fibre in oats is beta-glucan, which has been researched to help slow digestion, increase satiety, suppress appetite, prevent sharp rises in blood sugar and insulin levels after eating a meal and benefit gut health as the fibre is broken down and fermented by intestinal bacteria.
· Despite their calories, dates contain some important vitamins and minerals in addition to a significant amount of fiber. Dates provide various antioxidants that have a number of health benefits to offer, including a reduced risk of several diseases. Honey consists of mostly sugar as well as a mix of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, zinc, iron and antioxidants. In addition to its use as a natural sweetener, honey is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent.