Rock salt is the purest form of salt – unprocessed and raw, devoid of environmental pollutants and chemical components. It contains 84 out of the 92 trace elements required by the body including potassium, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, copper and so on. It’s a superior salt, according to Ayurveda.
- Rock Salt or sendhanamak, a type of salt, is formed when salt water from a sea or lake evaporates and leaves behind colorful crystals of sodium chloride.
- Himalayan pink salt is one of the best-known types of rock salt.
- Rock salts contain various levels of trace minerals, such as manganese, copper, iron, and zinc.
- The health effects of low sodium levels include poor sleep, seizures, and falls. Adding sendhanamak to your diet is one way to avoid low sodium levels.
- Gargling salt water made with rock salt may relieve sore throats and help prevent respiratory infections.