This product in the display is a Mustard Black weighing 100 grams. It contains protein, calcium, vitamin A and E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It detoxifies liver and blood and helps in lowering cholesterol. It also provides skin and eye health protection.
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals, black mustard seeds are a popular ingredient of Indian and American cuisine.
- Black mustard seeds have a plethora of health benefits and have been used for medicinal purposes for decades.
- The darker the mustard seed, the hotter and more flavorful it is. The heat of mustard seeds is caused by an enzyme called myrosinase. Myrosinase can be neutralized with heat.While black mustard is considered extremely hot when compared to the other varieties of mustard, it sweetens and becomes milder when it is toasted or fried. Heat gives it a nutty character.
- Black mustard seeds are a rich source of dietary fibre, which is essential for colon health as well as for cardiovascular health.
- They contain significant levels of certain minerals that are considered important for health. Those minerals include zinc, iron, and magnesium.
- Among the antioxidants that you will find in black mustard seeds are carotenes, zeaxanthin, and lutein. Antioxidants help to protect your body from free radical damage.
- Black mustard seeds contain a set of compounds called glucosinolates, one of which is called sinigrin. Sinigrin is believed to have anticancer properties.